Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Texas visit

In September Shannon and I went to Texas.Shannon's Nephew, stuart had received his mission call(they were given 3 weeks' notice!)We were going to go through the Temple with him. It was arranged that we would go to the Houston Temple....As you all know Hurricane Ike made his appearance... the week before we were due to arrive. THe Houston Temple was not operational due to power failure...Stuart's Mom, Laurie quickly re-arranged everything! thanks to her wonderful management of all the many details we set our alarms saturday morning for 4am...yep.. we were going to drive 2.5 hours to the San Antonio Temple.... let's back up in time.. to me leaving work at 0730 going straight to the Airport..I had my Temple Case with me....Shasta mentioned that with the new baggage rules I would be questioned about the extra bag...I debated and know that at the HOUSTON Temple I could rent...I left my case in the car....now.. roll forward.... San Antonio does not rent...hmm.. the answer...I had to buy myself a new white dress... what a hardship!!! at the beehive clothing store... we had a great day and a beautiful Temple experience.... Before I ended up in Houston I actually flew in to Austin where I was met by Jessica and baby Evan! We had a wonderful 2 day visit....and a perfectly delightful dinner at the oasis which overlooked the lake... I will upload the video that can be found on my facebook page....

No comments: