It is quite a different experience of Healthcare from the consumer side…
Sadly, I see a lot of business changes….
Private rooms are nice…and in respect of privacy and Hippa laws, necessary.
Being on a Ward ,reminiscent of my Nurse Training in the "olden" days..brings the feeling of closeness….and presence…our writing space was a table or two in the centre ..The sister's Office was for her(or him) and the Consultants tea parties as they discussed the patients' care…and the English Weather,no doubt!
Which is better?…I loved being able to "see" all the patients at one time….and them smiling and nodding at me… I would notice a facial grimace…and be able to help before it became a bigger problem..I think the patients themselves were given a hearty dose of togetherness and camaraderie with laughter,empathy and a lot of I am there too thrown in…
I am not totally alone…I have a TV,phone and my cell phone….I have my laptop and internet access…so I have all you….Another plus for the time we live in …smaller hospitals are built logistically…one can choose where to go..and one will usually choose the one closest…this has not worked out for me,being closer to home and friends…tho the 7th floor rooms and Nurses are wonderful!
I had fallen flat on my face last week…felt silly…I was walking across the car park to the Senior Center..it was our Friday craft together time…..I was a little stunned…but seemed ok. my face was not a pretty picture. I had an appointment with the Neurologist on Monday so thought I would discuss my fall and nose then. we did.. first thing… His first words were.. what happened to your face?…everyone had been asking so I returned with a calm..oh, yeah, I fell…but the weird part is that I can't remember tripping…A little further conversation..and the Doc was saying let's admit you for some longer testing…so here i am… EEG completed…cardiac work-up next...

My Bestest Visitor….She went straight to the covered plate of steak I had saved for her!
1 comment:
o my goodness... i hope that all the tests come back fine for you Sally...you will be in our prayers and ..GET BETTER SOON... with a visitor like that you are sure to be cheered up...
Post a Comment