Whenever there is a Happy,funny,sad or just plain get-together events we are all there...well, if one is not working.....today, Patty and Melissa had set up a good bye to Tomi BBQ, at Patty's home...way up past North Denver...(I live way down south)If I were in UK I would be saying "North of the Watford Gap"! It was a fun, hot day.. the food was great....everyone brought a side dish.. The kids were there .. we had all helped in their delivery and care as newborns...It has been lovely to watch them grow...and start school! yay, where has the time gone.. in this last 18 months little sisters and brothers have arrived!
Tomi arrived in the NSY/NICU a little after I had started employment there myself in November of 2000..although she had transferred from a different floor...an Adult floor... yakes,I don't think I could go back to nursing adults!! Tomi is a great Lady to work with..she did her time on the night shift..then to days.. then Part time...and we saw her through some wonderful major life changes! .. the Bridal shower (she married Andy)....the Baby shower (Ben's arrival...then Logan).....and now she is going to another department...the ER....I know the staff there will love her as much as we have..we are sad to have her leave us...enjoy your new career,Tomi!...and we'll be visiting.

Patty has lots of kid toys and set up the paddling pool..
all went in..toys,boys and dogs!
there were also dress-up clothes....Ben and Kim's daughter,Izzy had us laughing....



Patty also brought out the wild toads who live in one of the window wells....lots of laughs and a shriek from me as one of the toads jumped and I thought landed on me..I moved very quickly!

one of the two toads....had jumped to the ground

after a few minutes of hopping the toad was caught....
Afton,Melissa's son will be going to a horse show with me next month.....
next week I am volunteering at Aspen Ridge HT as a jump judge for the two days....
No comments:
Post a Comment