Whether one has money or not....Black Friday is and always will be Black Friday..the absolute BEST shopping day of the year....!
Here is my entry on Facebook
Sally Wardle: standing in line at Wally World! got here at 0235
27 November at 04:01 via Facebook for BlackBerry · Comment · Like
Kim Laubach likes this.
Jean Agnew Spencer: you are crazy!
27 November at 05:59 · Delete
Sally Wardle: But its so fun! And spending other peoples' money is even better.
27 November at 07:22 · Delete
Roberta Bono: You are good!
27 November at 08:43 · Delete
Kimberly Geist: You're a crazy woman!!!
27 November at 09:47 · Delete
Lynne Woodall: I always knew you were totally nuts!!!!
27 November at 19:13 · Delete
Sally Wardle: absolutely....it all started at Bevendean Hospital,,,,in the Matron's quarters.....lol!!
27 November at 19:43 · Delete
Remove
Sally Wardle: its BLACK FRIDAY....and off we go...no money.....but still off we go!!
27 November at 02:12 · Comment · Like
It tells it all.....Our Walmart is open 24 hrs....so.. I was 5th in line for the HP laptop....we had been sectioned off by tape..reminded me of a crime scene....all over walmart....so if you were in line for those most desired items the general riff- raff...because Human nature tends to disintegrate with greed... was directed away! One had to go to the associate who had the list of what you wanted ,she knew how many there were..and the # was crossed off so the people in line was the # of the items to be sold.
We had a great crowd....we took turns in saving places so we could check out the store and gather whatever else we found to be our treasures of the day....A lady about my age was with her Mom who had come up from Arizona...The lady told me her Mom had just lost her Husband 2 weeks ago...while the daughter went to stand in another line...her Mom and I got talking and I remembered my Mom,likening the two ladies..so different but sharing similar tough times .. the passing of their Husbands....I like to believe that we both felt the comforting influence of the Holy Ghost as we talked of our loved ones....A gentleman behind me said he wanted to get a Nintendo DS for his son but he was only one ..I told him to go to the other line and I would get his Laptop for him.... 0500 came and we went up to the associates and the gentleman who had ensured our line was in order... He said he should have the prize for best behaved...and he went the extra mile to get "Mom" a cup of his own coffee...A candy bar for someone else....
I then circled the store, bumping into Marie, Heidi's friend who was working that night and then ending up at the Nintendo line.. there were still some left and no Gentleman...I searched...my eyes fell on the familiar face of the Daughter... She immediately said something of our friend who wanted the computer and there he was! Marie was still with me..you look familiar ,she said..He returne with "I know you!" My wife,Melanie used to work here...and yes Heidi,Marie and Melanie all knew each other!..it is no guess that some meetings and conversations are meant to be!
Shannon had gone to Target ....she stopped by Walmart ..looked and found the riff-raff to be just that..rude and greedy...so she left without having the fun I had had... Hers was found at Target..and is her story!
Heidi was at King Soopers..working. Next year.. with or without money..the fun is to had all over again!!
2 comments:
Sally you are still as much fun as ever...and you are right we are always in the place we are supposed to be and we meet the people we are supposed to meet for a reason..... whether it is for us or for them....!!!!!
Oh i am glad i am not in retail anymore...Christams brings out the worst in some people...they call it the silly season here
Glad you had fun and were in a line that behaved well.
I was snoozing and enjoying a warm and cozy bed!
Post a Comment