

Christmas as a little girl was fun.....and SCARY!!! many Eves' it was so hard to go to bed.... let alone to sleep!!! I was 7 and we were living at Seagull Rd... One christmas morning....I woke up... it was dark.....I was SO excited..I HAD to go see if santa had been....Must have been earlier..or later at night than I thought...I got to the top of the stairs.... Oh my!... the living room light was on.. I saw a shadow move along the wall...I blinked..blinked again.. could it be??? ...a smile lit up my face...I know it did.. My sisters and I had been GOOD... HE .. santa Claus..Father Christmas...HE had so many names HE liked to be called by....was actually in my house.. He had come down the chimney.... I heard movement... Toys were being taken out of his sack and put under our tree...I just knew it... all this acknowledged by my brain in a split second....I scurried back to my bed.. jumped in...and covered my head with the bedclothes...breathing fast ,hoping I couldn't be heard.... I had no problem going to sleep.
Come morning -time... It was so exciting...there were a few presents...Wendy had a whole pile... I was told to go out to the outer room.. here it was cold..not used for anything.but THERE... in the middle were two prams..one a maroon colour,the other navy blue..and sitting inside were dolls...not just any doll..but a TEENY TINY TEARS... I called out ..whooping.. calling my little sister's name.. Come here,Jenny!!!.. Father Christmas left us presents here!!! I waited until Jenny had arrived and we pushed our prams into the warm and fuzzy living room...

I have had a love-affair with the tiny-tears dolls ever since.....
No comments:
Post a Comment