Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I couldn't resist posting...... Holly has a button on her blog to "overheard in the ward" here are a few that made me laugh... and laughter is the bestest medicine...


’m Trying! I’m Trying
Posted by Overheard In The Ward on October 24, 2010
YSA speaker trying to make a point about obedience: Are you living the law of tithing just because you don’t have any money? Or because you love the Lord? Are you living the law of chastity just because you can’t get any even if you tried? …

Overheard by: Berkeleyite


Auto correct...
Posted by Overheard In The Ward on October 22, 2010
BYU Coed: AAUGH! Whenever I type ‘Nicole,’ my phone changes it to ‘nipple!’ How awkward.

6-year-old watching sacrament tray come down the row: Look Mom. Here comes the free food.

Ward member bearing his testimony: … but sometimes I am a stupid man.
Sunbeam: He can’t say stupid. My mom will make him go to his room.

Advice from a dating panel for a combined YM/YW activity: Never be alone while you’re dating. Never be alone! Even after you get married, you should never be alone.

5-year-old boy: Did you know you have to save your kisses on the lips for your wife? Did you know that?

Teacher: When you turn 12 you will get the Aaronic Priesthood.
CTR 5 boy: Does that mean I can use The Force?

7-year-old daughter: Hey mom, is the temple Heavenly Father’s cabin?
Mom: No honey! It’s His temple.
7-year-old daughter: Oh. I thought because church is Heavenly Father’s house, the temple would be His cabin.
Mom: Well, that is one way to think about it. But the temple is especially sacred so I wouldn’t call it a cabin.
7-year-old daughter: Yeah you are probably right. It’s more like a house.

Overheard by: AmusedMom

Elder announcing a ward activity:We will be having a murder mystery, so if you are on the committee please meet with us to help plan the murder.
Bishop’s wife: Let me get this straight. The bishop just went out of town, so your planning a murder?
Elder: Don’t worry; we’ll start with a prayer

and many more....but I'll stop there...

It has been Voting Day here... Not allowed... so no, I didn't vote... which means I can't complain...So I'll have myself a laugh here....

1 comment:

Nettie's Blog said...

opps forgot ...hope your knee is better soon and you dont have to have an op on it !!! great that you are recognised for your abilities as a good nurse too ,,,you deserve it ..you have worked hard for it....loved the thoughts and jokes and trueisms
as for the best one well....i am loving thefree bread at the sacrament....ha ha.