

The International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) credential identifies a knowledgeable and experienced member of the maternal-child health team who has specialized skills in breastfeeding management and care. The IBLCE certification program offers the only credential in lactation consulting and is available globally.
IBCLCs have passed a rigorous examination that demonstrates the ability to provide competent, comprehensive lactation and breastfeeding care. Attainment of the IBCLC credential signifies that the practitioner has demonstrated competence to:
work together with mothers to prevent and solve breastfeeding problems
collaborate with other members of the health care team to provide comprehensive care
encourage a social environment that supports breastfeeding families
educate families, health professionals and policy makers about the far-reaching and that supports, protects and promotes breastfeedinglong-lasting value of breastfeeding as a global public health imperative.
With a focus on preventive health care, IBCLCs encourage self-care, empowering parents to make their own decisions. IBCLCs use a problem solving approach to provide evidenced-based information to pregnant and breastfeeding women and make appropriate referrals to other members of the health care team.
Above is one of the latest bits of information.....
Now.. yes, I am studying again... for my Lactation Consultant Certification....
These last few months I have been preparing myself for this certification... I have the academic knowledge and the practical know-how to be recognized officially for what I have been doing for years... a few weeks ago,I attended and completed Marie Biancuzzo's prep class: http://www.breastfeedingoutlook.com ,for this part of my career.... I will take the exam next July... it is recognized internationally..duh.... no insult to anyone's cognition...
another update.... I have been hobbling around for the last month in almost continual botheration with knee pain... hmm.. I FINALLY thought I had better get it checked out... oh yeah... a torn meniscus of my rt knee...ping!!.... I had an MRI my very first.... for myself..I have watched kids and babies go through the machine....many a time.... while I was waiting for my copy of the film to be burned on to a cd..(I did try without success to load an image here..) Mike, the very warm and welcoming clerk... called me over... may I shake your hand,please...hmm... why? as I did as he asked... he looked toward me,a sweet and sincere smile lighting his eyes.. the tech just told me..."She isn't just a nurse... she is a Neonatal nurse... you know what she has to know?...I told Mike I was honored... honored to have been given a great welcome and respect as a patient...my Tech was fantastic...He knew it would be a pain to have my knee locked still for a half hour...He acknowledged that with a "you were awesome..you did great"... I did feel great.. with a sore knee.... that I had been attended by someone who,too,was well educated in his chosen career...because I certainly didn't know the intimate details of working a CT machine...now give me a premie baby needing the full respiratory support of a ventilator... and I will show you what I do with great pride and compassion.... I am humbled to be recognized for what I truly love to do with all my heart....I may complain that I have work "today" ..However,I wouldn't be anywhere else ...Which leads to me.....Nasia and her family who have been very much in my thoughts and prayers .....Thank you Bob, for the updates and photos and permission to present Nasia here...
Nasia who was born in Queensland,Australia 15 weeks early..Her Mom, Chelsea..I was around in Tasmania 20+ years ago when she was born... how time flies...
Nasia is home now... happy and healthy... Nasia,Ammon and Chelsea did wonderfully,it is not easy to experience a very premature birth of a Daughter of God...to let strangers take control of the little life you gave your Daughter and not be able to do anything at that moment except to Pray and remember to trust that Heavenly Father really does know what He is doing..... to trust that those giving sweet tender care to your daughter really knows what they are doing.......my heart went out to their family when Bob let us know that little Nasia presented herself way too early.... ... Blessings have been showered on everyone!!....

1 comment:
no way ...i didnt know that Chelsea B had a baby and her grand father Jack is in our ward and i had Lisa P here with me today and she didnt say anything... Gwen a Grandmother ..that blows me away...thanks for sharing ..they are in my prayers...
Post a Comment