How did this year go by so fast!!....
What Happened???
Memories...for recall...whimsical...sad...funny....silly....some should be forgotten...others kept close to one's heart and cherished forever.....
Here's some of mine....
January....we were all getting our lives straight....Heidi returned to VA in February...It was a long 3 days...Snow ...Rain...Mom and Daughter sharing a lot of time together!!.... Lots of episodes of The Gilmore Girls...I so recognised the situations..and wished they had been around years before....Depression continued to invade my life...my emotions....I let go of my house....Bailey died....moving to a 1 bedroom apt from a 4 bedroom house...."stuff" coming out my ears....Questions...lots of talking...where does this go...do you want this packed or with you?.. you have too much ....Have a Garage Sale.....so much to be dealt with...my brain went on strike...Now to get rid of it all....easier now...new meds,old meds....too many meds... looks like I could be over half way home..no return..move forward
Summer...A new puppy...new life...new adventures...by my side...a home full of stuff and a puppy = love and not so much stuff....following Heidi's adventures ...Wow... going to shows..bringing the blue ribbons home...me here,her there.... Thankful for techno conveniences....it seems she is just down the road,close...not 1700 miles along the I-70.....car engines failing....finances.....the Births of three baby boys....Friends...Family....strangers... Acquaintances....Gold and Silver...
Fall.... the eventing season almost gone... Championships for Heidi... her stress...my joy in what she has accomplished... 3rd in the Nation for the division she is Champion in... Hard work ..loving and enjoying what she does every day..no stopping for holidays..illness....my Birthday keeps on coming... more pain ...waiting for it to go away... Dr's....Exams...Xrays...MRI's....wait a minute.. this is ME... I don't do this.... I can put up with it til it goes.... but I can't... you need a new knee!! the Doc says...lets clean it up first ( surgery)...repair the tear..scrape away the arthritis...can't I just have a new knee?? ..Nope.. you are too young...I don't feel young...all my joints complain...I don't like pills...I used to take them like a champ...it was my sister who broke them into pieces...now I have to just gulp big and swallow....eeyuck!...every day....
Thanksgiving....a time to share.. a time to care....a time to have fun on Black Friday... it is tradition...for Heidi and me.... to get up early (tho this year we had to stay up...)having checked the adverts...planned our attack... and back home looking at our wares...thinking of the joy of the night.. talking with strangers who, for a moment have become friends....the anticipation of winning... the O.K-ness of not....
And now it is Christmas Time... Holidays...work days.. rest days... Happy Christmas...remembering our Brother... without whom we would not be here... doing what we are doing .....knowing what we know... preparing for what we know is to come...by Faith..sweet Faith....
1 comment:
Amazing how fast the years go by. Sorry to hear about the knee. Hope you can get it fixed up and be pain-free.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment