Over the years I know we have all had our share of aches and pains....and I do empathize .really...I can whine and share about my own ..stop reading now if you don't want to listen!
...... the telling signs and symptoms of aging....the niggling notion of I'm failing simply because of my body and mind just don't want to respond as instantly as when in my prime....oh, how I want to go back to those care free sunshiny days.....of when my physical abilities were as endless as my Spirit....and yes, looking at the BIG picture...I'm not so old.....in fact,I'm too young to receive what would return me to the independence I know and love....
Here is the problem....

In October,after weeks of experiencing pain when I walked, in my right knee...I finally conceded that it was not going away...I made an appt. with an orthopoedic Doctor....He confirmed that indeed, my knee was in dire need of medical attention....Xrays and an MRI showed a torn meniscus and lots of arthritis....I needed an arthroscopy to fix the meniscus ;actually, it was in shreds and removed and the bones were scraped of as much arthritis as could be removed..that was 2 weeks ago..yes.. the wait was the next available spot on the OR schedule...and the Christmas Holidays...I was working 2 shifts a week.....now I am concentrating on getting my knee joint to work better! The Doctor advised that within 5 years I would need the replacement...I say why not NOW... the need is NOW....so..it is not to be NOW because of those who have the power..I must clarify that... that is the insurance thingamajigs...not the Docs..say that replacements last 10 years ......and I am too young...I guess I'm only allowed 2?....if I have not karked it by then!! maybe THEY know when one will not have a need of a second or third knee???
see...I have those lumpy aging knees!!....after the surgery...and yes... there is muscle atrophy too... Hello Physiotherapy!!

1 comment:
OH my GOODNESS.. that knee looks so sore... i know what it was like when i fell down the stairs and tore the ligaments in my knee ...in a full leg brace for weeks...it was just the inconvenience of it all ...the physio was a nusiance ...the pain i could handle...not being able to drive, getting up the stairs and steps, the stupid crutches etc...
Hope you feel better soon but the only thing really is keeping off it...hard when you have a job that has you on your feet all the time!!!! Blessing...dont forget to have one...miracles have been known to happen...!!!!!
Post a Comment